2018 Alumni Ventures Fund Application
The Alumni Ventures Fund (AVF) is one of the core activities of the Young Leaders Access Program. It aims to help outstanding Young Leaders Program (YLP) alumni take their community-based plans to the next step by providing a 1 year award of funding (between USD $500 – $5,000) and professional mentorship. MCW matches AVF recipients with professionals who align with the project. Alumni are eligible to apply after successfully completing the full Young Leaders Access Program (1 year).
AVF Recipients Must:
- Alumni, 1999-2016: All alumni up to and including those who completed the full program in July 2017 are eligible.
- Alumni of the Young Leaders Conference, Workshop, and 2017 YLA Retreat are not eligible. Participants from the 2017 YLA Retreat will become eligible for the AVF in the fall of 2018.
- Demonstrate commitment to his/her community.
- Have established a project, or identify an established project, in his/her community.
- Have access to email or another internet platform that allows consistent communication with the MCW team and mentor for the duration of the yearlong grant.
- Submit completed application on or before November 17, 2017 at 11:59pm (New York Time).
October 3, 2017 – Applications Open
November 17, 2017 – Application deadline – Applications must be received by 11:59 PM NYC time (UTC -05:00).
January 2, 2018 – Recipients Contacted
February 2, 2018 – Grants dispersed and mentors assigned
- Application (required): found below
- Budget (required): Download template found below and complete. To submit your completed budget, see online application to upload.
- Additional documents (optional) – Any supplemental materials such as photos, videos, organization charters or constitutions, promotional materials, etc. To submit, send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name as it appears in your applications in the subject line, for example: “John Smith, AVF Application, additional documents”