What is it
The Alumni Ventures Fund is an exclusive opportunity open to all graduates of the Young Leaders Programs (Young Leaders Fellowship and/or Young Leaders Conference). This Fund offers graduates of our Young Leaders Program a unique opportunity to scale up their existing community development work in health, education, or economic security.
The Alumni Ventures Fund is fully supported by The Claire Friedlander Family Foundation and Hyman R. and Ruth Shapiro Foundation, Inc.
What We Offer
Ten (10) Small-Size Grants of The Claire Friedlander Family Foundation and Hyman R. and Ruth Shapiro Foundation, Inc. up to $500 each
- The ten recipients of the small-size grants will receive up to $500 each to carry out a three-five month-long project with no mentorship assigned.
Am I Eligible?
Alumni Ventures Fund Recipients Must:
- Have participated in a Young Leaders Fellowship or Young Leaders Conference (1999 to 2022). *** Alumni of the virtual Young Leaders Fellowship 2022 are eligible.***
- Demonstrate commitment to your community.
- Have a community-based project in mind or have established a project in your community in the area of health, education, or economic security.
- Access to email or other Internet platform for ongoing and direct communication with the MCW Global team and professional mentor for the duration of the grant.
- Submit your completed application on or before APRIL 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM (EST / NY time).
Stay on Track
- March 10, 2023 – The application process opens;
- April 14, 2023 – Application deadline – applications must be received by 11:59 PM (EST / NY time);
- May 5, 2023 – Winners are contacted and announced;
- May 15, 2023 – Grants dispersed.
Ace Your Application!
- Application (required): Open and fill out the application below;
- Budget (required): Download the budget template and fill it out. Upon completion, upload the budget as part of the application;
- Additional documents (optional) – You are welcome to submit supplemental materials, such as photos, videos, organization charters or constitutions, promotional materials, etc. To submit, email them to email@example.com with your full name as it appears on your application in the subject line, for example, “John Smith, Alumni Ventures Fund 2023 Application.”
Still need help?
If you have any questions or need further clarifications, please feel free to: