Young Leaders Conference-Peru 2020
What is MCW Global’s Young Leaders Conference?
The Young Leaders Conference is a comprehensive program supporting young people looking to tackle region-specific issues. This is an opportunity for regional participants to receive an introduction to leadership, capacity building, and networking. These tools will support participants in developing social projects to address local community issues. The conference will be followed by up to 3 months of virtual mentorship, where leaders will receive support as they work on their projects addressing specific issues.
MCW Global in collaboration with the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, will host the virtual regional conference during October/November 2020 (specific dates for sessions will be shared soon).
By participating in our virtual regional conference, you will be taking an active step to create a positive change in your community. The Young Leaders Conference is a rewarding opportunity that will assist participants with their leadership skills and create a dialogue among a culturally diverse group of changemakers. YLC creates opportunities for participants to connect with great speakers, youth leaders, YLA alumni, and MCW staff. Our interactive learning experience, peer mentorship, inspiring speakers, and Regional partners all create a space for you to network with like-minded regional leaders and gain the tools to positively impact your communities.
Participants of the Young Leaders Conference-Peru must:
- Currently live exclusively on the South America continent (Applicants residing in other continents will not be considered)
- (Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Peru, Chile, Suriname, Bolivia, French Guiana, and Guyana.)
- Be between the ages of 18-26 years old at the start of the Young Leaders Conference
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Have access to email and the Internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor.
- Demonstrate a commitment to their local community
- Identify an issue in their local community to address
- Community project must address one of the following topic areas: Gender Equality or Mental Health
- Submit a completed application on or before August 21, 2020, at 11:59 PM (EST – New York Time zone)
The application must be submitted in English. Your résumé (curriculum vitae or CV) must be prepared in English. Any part of the application that is not completed in English will not be reviewed. Failure to adhere to this request will result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
The application requires the following materials:
- General Information
- Contact Information
- Define your Community Issue
- Résumé/C.V. – You must upload your document directly into the application in PDF format ONLY
- Liability Waiver
Our timeline for the Young Leaders Conference is as follows:
- July 24, 2020: Young Leaders Conference Application Opens
- August 21, 2020: Young Leaders Conference Application Closes at 11:59 PM (EST – New York Time zone)
- October/November: Young Leaders Conference in Peru. The program stretches over 4 weeks with time commitment range from 5-6 hours a week.
- November till March: Ongoing mentorship.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com