APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED!
About the Program.
What is it
The primary goal of the conference is to empower young people globally with leadership skills to engage in discussions that affect their specific regions and provide the necessary tools and means to identify and understand community issues around them.
The Young Leaders Conference – North America will welcome young people between the age of 18-30 from North America who are motivated to expand their leadership knowledge and engage in important discussions that advance their region’s well-being with a focus on leadership, social justice, and social entrepreneurship to encourage them to establish regional networks for future exchange.
Objectives of the Conference:
- Reach more young people around the world and equip them with leadership skills to help them establish regional networks for future exchange;
- Increase knowledge in identifying and understanding social justice for the participating youth;
- Give the participants the opportunity to discover social entrepreneurship from a practical perspective and;
- Provide mentorship and financial support to develop community projects.
Contents of the Program.
What We Offer
The Young Leaders Conference
January 12th – January 14th, 2022
The conference will include numerous sessions over a span of three days in redefining leadership, personal leadership building, engaging with communities, and developing soft skills of leadership to help them establish regional networks for future exchange.
The conference will also focus on creating a safe environment where participants engage in discussions about the challenges faced by the oral-health community in East and Southern Africa and gain leadership skills to address issues in their communities.
Several speakers from academia, public institutions, civil society, and private sectors are invited to explore those region-specific issues from their work lens. This will provide participants with a broader perspective of the problem and an in-depth analysis of the current situation.
Understanding the Problem and Vision Planning
January 15th- February 10th, 2022 (Optional)
As participants understand their position to lead social change they are invited to join webinar sessions to identify and understand their community issues.
Participants will also go through the basic project plan and activity design through three webinars that will be spread out in the month following the conference.
These three webinars, however, will be optional. Interested participants can opt for these sessions if they wish to.
Financial Support and Mentorship
February – May 2022 (Optional)
Participants with actionable project plans will be invited to apply for financial support (up to $300) to help them in implementation. This is also an optional feature of the conference. Interested participants can apply for financial support post-conference which will be subject to review and approval by MCW Global and MC-Tanzania.
Participants who receive funding will also be assigned a mentor from the Young Leaders Program Alumni Community to support their project execution and reporting which should be finalized and reported within two months after the distribution of the fund.
Am I Eligible?
Young Leaders Must:
- Based in North America (US and Canada)
- Be motivated to develop leadership skills
- Be motivated to establish regional networks for future exchange
- Be motivated to engage in discussion around social justice in North America
- Be between the ages of 18-30
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Commit to attending the 3-day conference
- Have access to email and Internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the program
- Submit a completed application on or before December 22nd, 2022
Stay on Track
- November 12th, 2021: Young Leaders Conference application opens
- December 22nd, 2021: Young Leaders Conference application closes
- December 30th, 2021: Acceptances sent out
- January 5th, 2022: Confirmation of acceptance
- January 12th – January 14th, 2022: Young Leaders Conference
- January 15th – February 10th, 2022: Three webinars o Vision Planning (Optional)
- February 15th, 2022: Open project submissions (Optional)
- February 28th, 2022: Final decisions sent out and mentors assigned
- March 10th- May 30th, 2022: Project implementation
Ace Your Application!
- The application must be filled out in English.
- Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
- The application includes:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify one leadership skill you possess. Describe a time you have been faced with a challenge and had to use this leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Please describe any experience in local community engagement or grassroots work.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins
- Liability Waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
- Application Form
- Click below to submit the application by Wednesday, December 22nd, 2022.
Here’s How it Works
Please carefully read the following logistics information:
- In an effort to make the program accessible to all participants, the Young Leaders Conference is free of charge. MCW Global will also cover the costs of program tools, e-modules, speakers, virtual learning, and the remaining part of the program.
- Given the current circumstances and safety measures for international travel and public gatherings, the Young Leaders Conference 2022 will be fully implemented virtually.
Good luck with your application!
Still need help?
If you have any questions or need further clarifications, please feel free to: