- Accommodations will be provided by New York University in New York City, and Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont.
- MCW Global requires all participants to pay a $100 USD deposit fee no later than May 3, 2020.
- The deposit will be refunded on July 30, 2020 once the summer program is completed (based on the assumption that the participant adheres to all the rules and guidelines of the summer program.)
- Deposits will not be refunded to individuals who decide not to participate after June 28, 2020.
- Payment of the deposit can be made via Stripe or PayPal. If payment is not made by May 3, 2020, your space in the summer program will be forfeited.
Costs covered include:
- International flights for international participants
- Domestic flights for United States participants
- Housing from the evening of July 21 to July 30, 2020
- 3 meals per day from July 21 to July 30, 2020.
- Round trip travel from New York City, New York to Burlington, Vermont with MCW group.
- Public transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia Airport, and/or Newark Airport
- Basic travel health insurance for international participants with coverage from July 21 to July 30, 2020.
Costs not covered include:
- Passport fees
- Visa fees
- In country costs (e.g. ground travel to the airport, extra baggage fees, etc.)
- In an effort to make the program accessible to all individuals, MCW Global will cover flight costs related to the attendance of the Summer Program for every accepted participant.
- Flights will only be booked to arrive one day in advance of the program (July 20, 2020) and to depart one day after the program (July 31, 2020).
- If you wish to travel in the USA for longer than this time, you must book the flight on your own and MCW Global will reimburse you for the cost of the flight according to what we would have booked. No exceptions will be made.
- If a participant delays applying for their visa after being accepted into the program and, as a result, will receive the visa less than a month before the program begins, travel will no longer be provided.
- If MCW Global is booking any travel on behalf of a participant, all travel will be according to the most cost-efficient route.
Additional housing (July 21 and July 30, 2020)
- MCW Global will provide a room the night before and the night after the Summer Program for those whose flight schedules require them to arrive the day before or depart after the program.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to notify MCW Global no later than by June 7, 2020 if they require housing. Requests for a room later than this period of time will not be considered.
- Please note that for those arriving or departing more than 24 hours before the start or the end of the Summer Program, a room will not be provided. These participants are expected to find their own accommodations. MCW Global (including staff, volunteers, board members, friends of MCW) are not responsible for providing accommodations for participants prior to or beyond the summer program.
- If you request the room and then choose not to stay, please note that the NYU cancellation fee of $55 will be deducted from your deposit.
- Room reservations are non-transferable to other participants or individuals as per NYU Housing Policy.