Young Leaders Conference – Peru 2020
What is MCW Global’s Young Leaders Conference?
The Young Leaders Conference is a three-day intensive program. Its premise is supporting young people to tackle regional-specific issues. This is an opportunity for regional participants to receive an introduction to leadership capacity building and networking. These tools will support participants in developing social projects to address local community issues.
MCW Global in collaboration with the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru will host the three-day regional conference on April 15-18, 2020 in Lima, Peru.
By participating in our three-day regional conference, you will be taking an active step to create a positive change in your community. The Young Leaders Conference is a rewarding opportunity that will assist participants with their leadership skills and create a dialog among a culturally diverse group of changemakers.
Participants of the Young Leaders Conference must:
- Currently live exclusively on the South America continent (Applicants residing on other continents will not be considered)
- list of the eligible countries (Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, Suriname, Bolivia, French Guiana, and Guyana.)
- Be between the ages of 18-26 years old at the start of the Young Leaders Conference
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a commitment to their local community
- Identify an issue in their local community to address
- Community project must address one of the following topic areas: Gender Equality or mental health
- Submit a completed application on or before March 2, 2020, at 11:59 PM (EST – New York Time zone)
The application must be submitted in English. Your résumé (curriculum vitae or CV) must be prepared in English. Any part of the application that is not completed in English will not be reviewed. Failure to adhere to this request will result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
The application requires the following materials:
- General Information
- Contact Information
- Define your Community Issue
- Résumé/C.V. – You must upload your document directly into the application in PDF format ONLY
- Liability Waiver
The Young Leaders Conference will take place in Lima, Peru on April 15-18, 2020.
MCW Global will cover the following cost during the conference:
• Housing on the evenings of April 15, 16, 17, and 18, 2020
• Three meals per day from April 16 to 18, 2020.
MCW Global WILL NOT cover the following cost during the conference:
- Flight cost related to the attendance of the Conference
- Ground transportation cost related to the attendance of the Conference
- Visa cost to travel into Peru.
Please book your travel so that you can check in on Wednesday, April 15 after 5:00 PM until Sunday, April 19 at 9:00 AM for hotel checkout.
Our timeline for the Young Leaders Conference is as follows:
February 10, 2020: Young Leaders Conference Application Opens
March 2, 2020: Young Leaders Conference Application Closes at 11:59 PM (EST – New York Timezone)
April 15-18, 2020: Young Leaders Conference in Peru.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org