About the Position
What is it
Start Date: June 20, 2022
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week
Open to: Young Leaders Program Alumni
Reports to: Young Leaders Program Director
We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, and independent individual to join the MCW team, assisting with tasks across the Young Leaders Program. The position is part-time, starting immediately, and requires a dedication of up to 20 hours per week through August 2022.
The intern will work with the team on various projects within the Young Leaders Program, including the Virtual Young Leaders Fellowship. With this internship, the individual will gain insight and experience working in a small to mid-size nonprofit organization from a “behind-the-scenes” perspective in addition to event planning and coordination.
The scope of the position will include a wide variety of tasks, such as working with MCW team members from around the world, supporting the Young Leaders Fellowship Coordinator in administrative and operational tasks, and assisting with the Virtual Young Leaders Fellowship (pre, during, and post-event). The intern will assist with social media content creation, database management, website, and documentation.
Candidates are reliable, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently and collaboratively. We are looking for individuals who can meet deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities. Interns will work with a team and will sometimes be involved with miscellaneous tasks.
Interests and Skills
Is It Right For You?
- Interest in social entrepreneurship, youth empowerment, education, nonprofit organizations, socio-economic development, global affairs, and community work;
- Attention to detail (i.e., logistics and follow-up);
- Google Docs/Workspace and Microsoft Office proficiency;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written;
- Comfortable working with a wide range of people from various geographical regions and time zones.
How to Apply?
- Please send your resume and one-page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The subject of the email should be: Summer Internship with MCW Global;
- The deadline to apply is June 12, 2022.